Saturday, April 12, 2008

Its starting to wind down!

For the past week has been a pretty laid back week. We have been spending a lot of time in studio, and catching up on work. We had a jury/review for studio for our project yesterday, and its only been a week and a half since we got the project. But it was really good to have the pin up and get other people’s opinions on where we are at. Ours went pretty well, they liked the basis to our project and now there are just a few changes that we need to make.

Also, we had our final exam for Spanish on Tuesday. That was definitely an interesting couple of hours. I think I did pretty well, though there were some difficult parts to the entire thing. The audio part was really difficult though. On top of the fact that the Spanish (in Spain) talk with a lisp, the fact that it was coming out of a tape made it even worse. So basically, I didn’t catch a whole lot of what they were saying in a couple of the audio parts. But I feel like I did pretty well on the rest of the test, so hopefully it balances that out. But, we will just have to see whenever the grades come in!

Other than that I have just been trying to make sure I get the work done that I need to. We have something called an Art Ticket which gets you into six art museums in Barcelona. We have to sketch four of them, but I want to go to them all because they all seem like really cool buildings. The Picasso museum is one of the ones on the list, which I am really excited to go to and visit. So far I have done the CCCB (Centre de Cultura Contemporania de Barcelona) and the MACBA (Museum of Contemporary Art of Barcelona). The other two that are required as assignments I plan on doing today, so that I can have them finished and if I do more pages then it is my choice and on my time. Even though I am not much of an art person, it has been pretty cool to go into these places that I probably wouldn’t have gone into had it not been required to sketch. But the Picasso Museum will probably be my favorite one to visit.

Monday we get to do something so incredibly cool! We are getting a private tour of the Sagrada Familia by Gaudi which is under construction. We will be taken through the entire construction site and hopefully up into the scaffolding and see things that most people will probably never get to see. I am so excited, I can’t wait! I will have a blog post next week full of pictures and telling you guys all about it!

So the time is counting down, three more weekends including this one and then I am home! I just found out that I got the job at the architecture firm that I applied for. If anyone is interested in looking at who I am working for the website is www.burthill.com . You can look in their portfolio, they have some really cool work that they do so I am really excited to go work for them.

Other than that, I guess you will just have to check into the blog next week!

No comments: