Saturday, March 15, 2008

So, I have decided a new format for my blog. I want to keep everyone updated at home as well as keeping up to date with my topic of study for class. So I decided to switch back and forth in each blog post what I am writing about. Every other post will update everyone on what I am doing, and have pictures of what I see and do, and the ones in between will be analysis and sketches and pictures of the topic that I am doing for class. So hopefully it doesnt get to confusing, but I think it will be cool for everyone to see both the work side and the fun side of what i am doing here. And to help that I am going to start posting the work that I have been doing so that everyone can see i am doing just as much work as I am fun stuff.

This past week has been awesome. Two of my really close friends were here, and that can never go bad! Caryne got here Thursday March 6, and Amanda got here Saturday March 8. I had classes starting monday, so i mostly just got to spend late afternoons and nights hanging out with them, but they got along really well and had each other to go sight seeing with. So that worked out really well.

Last Sunday, though, i got to take them around the city and show them where i live. We went down to the port area, and shopped a lot at all of the stands that are set up. We all spent more money than we wanted to, of course, but love everything we bought and absolutely can live without any of it! We also got to eat a huge seafood lunch. I havent had a real seafood meal here yet, after stuffing ourselves with all of it I can honestly tell everyone it is as good as I expected. After that we worked our way to the beach, and around the Olympic village. We walked a lot, but even I got to see stuff that i have never seen before. So that was a lot of fun.

All of the other days, when I got out of class I got to go back to the apartment and then go out to dinner with them. We went to a tapas bar one night, the most a mazing mexican place ever another, and pretty much every resteraunt that I have been to since being here. One day we go to meet up for lunch, and we went to this sushi place that is down the street from my apartment. It was sooooo good, but made me miss home because I eat so much sushi at home!

We also went out to this one place on one night called the Champagneria (I probably spelled it wrong), which is a place that sells bottles of cava for 2 euro and has amazing sandwhiches for pretty cheap. Pretty good for poor college kids. Cava, for anyone who doesn't know, is the local version of Champagne. It is so good! That same night we went to a latin bar, and then to an Irish pub. I had to show them all of the fun places to go!

Thursday was Amanda's 21st birthday, so we went out to a nice dinner at a place that in my opinion has the best Paella that I have eaten here. We got to drink wine and eat dinner and it was sooo much fun and so good! Then we went to this bar called Chupitos, which is a place that has a menu the size of the wall full of drinks and stuff. I was so glad I got to take Amanda out for her birthday, and especially that she got to spend it here!

Friday Caryne left, and then today Amanda did. I am definately not happy to have them leave, it made me miss home more than I thought it would, but it was so much fun to have them come visit! On Friday the family is coming in, so i have something to really look forward to!

Well, I gotta actually go and accomplish some work. So I will update again soon!

No comments: